There are several default IP addresses associated with network and routers. One of them is 10.0.0.1. this IP address is a private IP and it is used for mainly assigned to a network hardware that is associated with the default IP address or it might be used for a client device too. Out of both the usages, the IP address 10.0.0.1 is commonly used by businesses for their computer networking rather than for home networks, where routers are preferred using the IP address of the series 192.168.x.x. This IP address is mostly used as the default IP address by Cisco brand and Infinity routers which are supplied by Comcast.
How to Connect to a Router that Uses 10.0.0.1 as Default IP Address:
- connecting to a router that uses 10.0.0.1 is quite easy and it is just like accessing a webpage from the browser and URL.
- Just type in the browser http://10.0.0.1
- if this is the IP address of your router then one admin console page will be loaded and you will be prompted to enter the username and password for the admin section.
- If the IP address is a default IP of a private network then it can be accessed only locally via the computers that are connected with the router. If you try to connect to the IP address via an outside internet then you will not be able to connect to the private IP address.
The Default Username and Password of 10.0.0.1:
If the router is newly purchased then it will have the default username and password associated with the router. This built-in combo of username and password must be known so that you can access the software and make proper settings to your network router. There are several combinations of username and password available for 10.0.0.1 network hardware that can be used to access the admin section of the router. These are:
- cusadmin/high speed
If you are not able to login to the admin section, with any of the above combinations of username and password then it means that you have already set a password for the router which is different from the default ones. If you have forgotten the password then you would have to reset the router back to its factory settings and then try logging in with the default password and username combination. After you are able to log in then you can set your new password. It is unsafe to keep the router with the default password and so you must change the username and password of your router after you purchase it.
Also Read: 192.168.0.1 Admin Login
Common issues that users face while working with 10.0.0.1:
Cannot connect to the router: This is the most common problem found with IP address 10.0.0.1, just like any other IP address. There are several things that can lead to this issue but the most common reason is that there are no devices on the local network that are using the IP address. To detect and troubleshoot the problem, you must use the ping command on a windows system and then determine whether there is a connected device on the local network or not. You must type in the command prompt as ping 10.0.0.1.
You must take a note that you cannot connect to a 10.0.0.1 device which is out of your local network. The device needs to be on the local network in order to access it.
Unresponsiveness: This issue occurs when the device which is assigned to 10.0.0.1 correctly has stopped working suddenly due to some sort of technical failures of the device or some issue with the network itself.
Incorrect Client Address Assignment: This is another common issue for 10.0.0.1 IP address. This happens if DHCP has been set up on the network and the IP address is applied in that way. You must make sure that there is no other device that uses this IP address as a static IP address in this case. If you are having 2 devices that make use of the same IP address then there will be an IP address conflict that will arise and cause a network-wide issue for both of the devices.
Incorrect device address assignment: If the administrator sets the static IP incorrectly then this issue would occur. The administrator must do settings of the static IP address on a router with 10.0.0.1 in such a way so that the clients can rely on that the address will not change. For this setting, he must enter the address in a console page and if there is a business router then configuration files or command line scripts would be used. If the address is mistyped or entered incorrectly at a wrong place then the device will not be available and not able to connect via 10.0.0.1.
Related: 192.168.l.l Login Page
How to change the wireless gateway admin tool password:
Most of the wireless gateway use 10.0.0.1 as the web address or IP Address.
- You must go to a web browser and enter the IP address as URL i.e. http://10.0.0.1. You will be redirected to the configuration area login section of your wireless gateway.
- Enter the username and password that you have set or one of the default combination of username and password in the username and password field. Then click on Login. If you are still using the default one or want to change password then you will find the menu in the top right section. Enter a new password and confirm it again and your password would be changed.
Changing of Wi-Fi Name and Password:
This wireless gateway is coming with the default WiFi name of the network which is also known as SSID and the password are knows as network key. This will provide you the secure access to the WiFi network. If you have not changed the password of WiFi before then you will be able to retrieve all the default WiFi information from the panel of a wireless gateway.
If you need to change the name and password of the WiFi network then you will be able to locate and update it from the Admin Tool. You will also be able to find the name and password of WiFi even when you are not present at your home. You can use My Account service for viewing and changing the password of WiFi.
Default Security Mode of Wireless Gateways:
- WPA/WPA2 is default security mode for the wireless gateway which is providing the optimal performance and security of new computers. This is the advanced mode of wireless security which is in the form of WPA security which is extremely difficult to bypass.
- Take a note that WPA security is not compatible with the older operating systems. When you are not using the wireless gateway then you will be able to check the security mode in your routers which are given in user manual. You will also be able to find this routers information on the administration site.
Advanced Wireless Gateway Settings:
The Admin Tool will also allow you to manage the advanced setting for the home network and the security of it. You will able to adjust the firewall and also you will able to set the parental controls.