Wireless routers are one of the most important things in our lives today. To ensure admin access, routers require the IP address, username, and password for setup. D-Link routers also come with a set of details. Thus, these passwords are protected through various methods such as port forwarding, wireless passwords or DNS servers. One should always change the default password for security issues which will prevent hackers from intruding into your network. The default username and passwords are different for different D-Link router models.
Steps For D-Link Router Login:
- To open the D-Link login and setup page
- The first step is to configure the router. To do this, connect the power adapter to the socket at the back of the router. Make sure that the adaptor is connected to an AC source and that the light on the router starts blinking.
- The next step is to open an internet browser such as Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. whichever is set as default. Then, you need to enter the gateway address 192.168.0.1 or 1.1 and press enter.
- A D-Link router screen would pop up in front of you and ask for some basic credentials. The username and password is an admin. If its something else, it is mentioned at the back of the router. Hit enter.
- This will bring up the router setup page which will enable you to make any required changes.
- After logging in, you should install the router.
Now, if you do not receive internet connection on your device, try and reset the router by pressing the reset button for ten seconds. Switch off connected devices and use an Ethernet cable to connect the router with your computer.
Open the browser again and use the default IP address which is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. This will open up the setup page, where you need to click on setup and then the internet. This will provide with manual setup options. Click on it and follow either of the following methods:
- Using static IP
- Using username or password
Also Read: 192.168.1.1 Router Login
- Select the option of static/dynamic IP if the Internet Service Provider (ISP) has given a static or dynamic IP address.
- Set the subnet mask as 255.255.255.252
- Set the default gateway as provided by ISP.
- Fill in primary DNS as 220.127.116.11 and the secondary DNS as 18.104.22.168.
- After putting in all the information, click on the save button.
- If the ISP has given a username and password, set your connection as PPPoE.
- For example username – [email protected]
- Password- [email protected]
- Select dynamic IP as the address mode.
- Finally, save the settings.
For Wi-Fi setting of your router,
Follow the below steps:
- Go and click on wireless setting.
- Followed by going to the manual wireless setting.
- There is an option to set a username, put any, example: Harrypotter123
- Go to wireless security mode, then WPA2 and then personal.
- Set a strong password for your Wi-Fi, example: [email protected]
- The last step is to save your settings.
Voila, you are done! This is more or less an exhaustive list which covers all kinds of situations and scenarios. We hope that this post was able to solve your problem. We urge you to use the method best suited to you to connect your router to your device safely and securely without any interruptions.